I was interviewed on KPFA’s Flashpoints regarding the article I co-wrote with RED‘s Ramona E. Durán for CounterPunch, entitled “It’s Time to Get Violence: Breaking Down the Assault on Antifa.” To listen to the interview online, click here; to access via iTunes, click here. The interview was broadcast on 9/7/2017, and the discussion with me begins at 16:00. A special thanks to KPFA, Flashpoints and Kevin Pina for organizing the interview.
I am very pleased to have launched, with a number of energetic collaborators, the Radical Education Department. RED is an autonomous collective dedicated to the construction of a radical internationalist Left through the training and federation of its cultural warriors. The full scope of RED’s initial project is outlined here in the “RED Alert Manifesto.” Our primary activities at this point include:
- Direct action education, meaning both direct action as education and education regarding the powerful history of direct action.
- The constitution of a network of invested cultural warriors and educators, who share the conviction that antifa resistance needs to be accompanied by the positive project of forging new practices of radical education for collective world transformation.
- The development of tactics of guerrilla education, which brings radical pedagogical practice to areas where it might be least expected, ranging from corporate universities to the streets of consumerism.
- The establishment of an underfunded, left-wing research collaborative as a counter-weight to all of the over-funded, reactionary ‘think-tanks’ and their academic extensions.
- The injection of a hardy dose of hard left ideas into the ‘public sphere’ by working as public intellectuals, artists and writers.
- The centralization of resources and the development of strategies for fellow travelers around the world.
We welcome collaborators and initiatives. Click here to contact us. If you are interested in getting involved and/or staying up on our activities, please follow our webpage here and like us here on FB. Stay tuned for further updates!
I am very proud to have been involved with the coordination of non-violent direct action against the promotion of #FakeEducation at Villanova University (who invited Charles Murray, a well-known white supremacist, misogynist and classist pseudo-academic whose “ideas” have been widely debunked). To get involved with Nova Resistance and/or follow our actions, please click here to go to our FB page. You will find a statement on our activities, videos, photos and news reports.